LuK self-adjusting clutches (SAC)
- Schaeffler Catalog for Light Commercial Vehicles
- Catalog LuK Transmission Systems Passenger Cars 201872019
- LuK Failure Diagnosis - Guidelines for Evaluating and Clutch System Malfunctions
- Self-Adjusting Clutch (SAC) - Technology and Special tool/User instructions
- LuK Reparaturlösung für Kupplungsmodule Audi - Technik, Spezialwerkzeug/Demontage und Montage
- LuK clutch course - Introduction to clutch technology for cars and LCVs
- LuK 0075: LuK clutch discs
- LuK 0081: Bleeding process of CSC 510 0097 10 - Modified hydraulic connection
- LuK 0071: LuK RepSet with SAC: Different design of the pressure plates
- LuK 0025: Instructions for fitting LuK clutch discs
- LuK 0016: Product replacement SAC tool kit 400 0072 10 to 400 0237 10 with additional content
Constant pedal force over the entire service life of the clutch
When the clutch disc wears down, more pedal force is required to release the clutch. A self-adjusting clutch (SAC) provides automatic wear compensation and ensures that the force needed to press the clutch pedal remains low over the entire service life of the clutch.
There are two types of self-adjustment – force controlled and travel controlled. The force controlled SAC’s wear compensation is activated by a load sensor (sensor diaphragm spring) that turns a ramp ring. The ramp ring of a travel controlled SAC, however, is turned by an adjusting mechanism which is activated by the wear related decrease of the clutch release path.
These adjustment mechanisms keep the force required for actuation low long-term, and in fact it increases service life by 1.5 times a normal clutch, while delivering outstanding driving comfort.
The clutch disc and pressure plate are precision-tuned to work together and should always be replaced together. For this reason, Schaeffler Automotive Aftermarket offers SAC applications only in their proven LuK RepSet line and not as a single pressure plate.
For installation, the SAC special tool from Schaeffler Automotive Aftermarket is required. It allows bolting the SAC clutch on without having to apply counterforce. Using this special tool for pre-tensioning prevents twisting of the adjusting ring in the clutch pressure plate. If the special tool is not used, the pressure plate can be damaged which will cause the clutch to malfunction.
- Low release loads – that remain nearly constant over the service life of the clutch – guarantee long-term driving comfort
- Increased wear reserves mean longer service life
- Shorter pedal travel
- A simplified release system design
- Higher torque transfer with the same dimensions as a conventional clutch
- OE quality