FAG Tie Rods
Guide for the chassis
The tie rod makes sure the vehicle holds its line during driving. It is the flexible connecting element between the steering gear and the steering knuckle and consists of the axial joint and the tie-rod end. These components are subjected to very high pressure and tensile load and they must be precision-tuned to work together perfectly.
If there is too much play in the steering, a careful examination of the system should be made as soon as possible.
All the spare parts that FAG offers its customers are highest quality. They guarantee that all safety-relevant chassis parts operate flawlessly again fast.
Note – when replacing the tie rod, the steering boot should always be renewed as well.
- Sealing system with three micro sealing lips
- TPU cuff material (Thermoplastic polyurethane)
- Zinc flake coating for improved protection against corrosion (Geomet)
- Wear reduction through hardened ball studs (nitrocarburization)
- All required accessory parts are included and comply to OE specifications